Commercial Vehicle Insurance covers a company's use of cars, trucks, vans and other vehicles in the course of carrying out its business. Coverage may include vehicles owned or leased by the company, hired by the company, or employee-owned vehicles used for business purposes.
Why Do You Need Commercial Auto Insurance?In general, if an auto is used in tasks related to the operator's occupation, profession or business, other than commuting, a commercial policy is necessary.
- If you are using your auto to transport goods or people for a fee or if you use your auto to conduct a service, you may need a commercial auto insurance policy.
- A commercial auto policy may be appropriate if you need higher limits of liability because of the nature of your work.
- Hauling a considerable weight in tools or equipment or towing a trailer used to conduct your business may require a commercial auto insurance policy.
- A commercial insurance policy may be needed if employees operate the auto or if ownership is in the name of a corporation or partnership.
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?Most Commercial auto policies are "named driver only" policies, meaning only those drivers listed on the policy can operate a covered auto.Coverages may include:
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Medical payments, no-fault or Personal Injury Coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Collision coverage